As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
That is one of the best venison lasagna stuffed with tomatoes, noodles, cheese, and loads of seasoning you’ll by no means discover it’s deer meat. Be happy to make use of any floor wild sport together with elk, deer, antelope, and even bear on this recipe!
Do-it-yourself lasagna is a favourite round right here. Whereas all of us love venison bolognese or the occasional stuffed shell. If we’re craving some American-Italian, tomatoey goodness this venison recipe for lasagna at all times hits the menu.
The perfect half about this lasagna is it has the right quantity of sauce, cheese, and noodles with out being an excessive amount of of 1 or the opposite. The sauce is scrumptious and meaty, stuffed with loads of taste with out being too overwhelming. And it’s all stacked collectively to make one of the best venison lasagna you’ve ever tried.
That is excellent for a household dinner and even when you’ve gotten firm. Actually, even when your friends suppose they don’t like deer meat, they’ll love this recipe and gained’t have the ability to inform the distinction.
We love pairing this with my dutch oven bread, coated with buttery garlic, or a recent salad with raspberry vinaigrette.
Is Floor Venison Good in Lasagna?
Completely. Simply put a bit of little bit of crimson wine vinegar to stability out the flavour and also you, nor your friends, will even discover the distinction between venison and floor beef.
We really want utilizing floor deer as an alternative of floor beef!
That is additionally an ideal place to make use of any venison Italian sausage you may need readily available. Simply use it rather than the bottom venison, pound for pound, and comply with the recipe precisely. You’ll be in for a very tasty, flavorful deal with.
Venison Lasagna Recipe Substances
- Floor Venison – deer, elk, antelope, or actually any floor wild sport will work properly right here.
- Olive Oil
- Purple Wine Vinegar – what makes this lasagna so particular.
- Dried Seasonings – oregano, parsley, garlic salt, black pepper.
- Sugar – only a contact to carry down the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Broth – venison broth if in case you have it, beef should you don’t.
- Tomato Paste
- Cheeses – mozzarella, parmesan, and cottage cheese are all used right here.
- Lasagna Noodles – cooked to al dente.
Methods to Make Venison Lasagna
Venison lasagna is actually easy to make. You will discover actual measurements and condensed directions within the recipe card beneath.
Make the Lasagna Meat Sauce
The star of the present is tomato sauce. It’s fairly simple, however time is your finest buddy right here. You’ve received to let it simmer in an effort to get a flavorful sauce.
Start by heating olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Place the bottom venison within the skillet with crimson wine vinegar and brown venison.
Subsequent, add the chopped onion and minced garlic to browned meat and sauté till the onion is translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
Then add the dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, and black pepper to the bottom meat. Stir to mix.
Pour in venison or beef broth, then spoon within the tomato paste. Stir to mix.
Lastly, add within the granulated sugar.
Cowl the skillet and simmer, over medium-low warmth, for one hour to 1 and a half hours. Stir incessantly to forestall scorching.
Assemble the Venison Lasagna
After the sauce has been cooked, it’s time to assemble the lasagna. Start by getting ready a 9X13″ baking dish by the underside of the dish with cooking spray.
Boil the lasagna noodles in a big pot, in accordance with package deal directions till al dente.
Subsequent, mix a bath of cottage cheese with an egg and set it to the aspect.
I at all times begin my lasagna with a layer of pasta. Place a layer of four lasagna noodles within the backside of the ready, glass baking dish.
Subsequent, you’ll add the primary layer of sauce. High with 1/three of the sauce combination.
Then, you’ll put the cheese on prime. High with 1/three of the cottage cheese and egg combination. Subsequent, prime with 5 slices of mozzarella cheese.
High the primary layer with one other layer of four pasta sheets and comply with the identical sample as earlier than till you’ve gotten three layers.
High the final layer with 6 slices of mozzarella cheese and a considerable amount of parmesan cheese.
Bake lasagna in a preheated oven at 425°F for 20 minutes, lined with aluminum foil. Uncover the dish and bake for a further 10 minutes.
Enable dish to arrange out for 15 minutes earlier than serving for finest outcomes.
Storing & Freezing Deer Meat Lasagna
This recipe may be made prematurely, baked, and refrigerated for as much as three days. To reheat leftover lasagna, cowl and warmth in a 425°F oven for 25 minutes or till heated by way of, uncovering for the final 5 minutes of cooking time.
That is additionally an ideal recipe to arrange and freeze for later. Whether or not you determine to double the batch or simply make it in preparation for a freezer meal to make use of later. Bake every little thing as described, cool, and freeze for as much as 6 months in an hermetic container.
To reheat frozen venison lasagna, merely preheat an oven to 375°F and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, lined, or till heated by way of, uncovering the final 10 minutes.
Cook dinner Time:
1 hour 30 minutes
That is one of the best venison lasagna you may ever style. Filled with taste, simple recipe, and positive to turn into a household favourite.
- 1 lb Floor Venison
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Purple Wine Vinegar
- 1 Medium Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- half Tbsp Dried Oregano
- half Tbsp Dried Parsley
- half Tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 Cups Broth (venison or beef)
- 15 OzTomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Field Lasagna Noodles (cooked to al dente)
- 1 half Lbs Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- half Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Lg Container Cottage Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add floor venison and crimson wine vinegar. Brown.
- Add diced onion and minced garlic to browned meat. Cook dinner till garlic is aromatic and onion is translucent.
- Add oregano, dried parsley, pepper, and garlic salt. Stir to mix.
- Pour in broth, then rigorously spoon in tomato paste. Stir to mix. Add sugar to the sauce.
- Cook dinner sauce, lined, over medium-low warmth for one to 1 and a half hours, stirring incessantly to forestall scorching.
- In the meantime, mix cottage cheese with egg and set to the aspect. Cook dinner lasagna noodles to al dente and preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Put together a 9X13″ baking dish by spraying the underside of the dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 4 ready lasagna noodles onto the underside of the ready dish. High with 1/third of the meat combination. High that with 1/third of the cottage cheese combination and slices of mozzarella.
- High the primary layer with one other layer of pasta sheets. Layer meat, then cheese. Do that a 3rd time.
- High all the lasagna with a layer of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake, lined with aluminum foil, in a 425°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Enable dish to take a seat for 10 minutes earlier than slicing for one of the best outcomes.
Any floor sport, and even floor beef, can be utilized on this recipe together with deer, elk, and antelope.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 532Complete Fats: 31gSaturated Fats: 16gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 12gLdl cholesterol: 156mgSodium: 1263mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 43g
What do you think?