Actually talking, when uncooked mango mingles with pink lentil, marvel occurs. Tok Dal is if you prepare dinner a typical Bengali type lentil soup, however, add some uncooked mango items for that tanginess and yumminess. This can be a summer season delight. Bengali delicacies has some tremendous fascinating methods to make use of uncooked mangoes in its dishes and this is only one of them and the opposite tremendous standard one is Kancha Aamer Tok. Whereas Tok Dal is served as part of the principle meal, Tok is often served on the finish of the meal. Aside from being tasty, they’re really wholesome. Kancha Aam or Uncooked Mango is what you could hold going on this scorching summer season warmth. And sure, don’t overlook to have Aam Panna as you refreshment drink on a sizzling sunny afternoon…
Usually, Masoor Dal (pink lentil) or Moong Dal (yellow lentil) is used to make Tok Dal. However, if you need you may undoubtedly give it a attempt with lentil of your alternative. If you happen to ask me, I desire Masoor Dal over all the things whereas getting ready Tok Dal. Additionally, that is finest served with rice and totally different bhaja (fries). Tok Dal can be served with Shukto and the mix tastes heavenly. Dal has all the time been an integral a part of Bengali delicacies and we simply hold including the seasonal twists to the dal that we eat regularly.
Whereas summer season is already right here, I’ve already began making Tok Dal virtually in each week. That is the time if you discover native markets flooding with these beautiful inexperienced mangoes and I’m undoubtedly making the very best out of it. The amount of components I’m mentioning beneath is nice for making an enormous batch of Tok Dal that may give you round 5 servings. You’ll be able to alter the amount based on your want. Right here’s the recipe of Tok Dal for you all.
- 1 cup masoor dal
- 1 giant mango, peeled and reduce into vertical items, discard the seed
- 5 inexperienced chilli, slitted from center (2 + 3)
- 2 dry pink chilli
- 1/2 tea-spoon turmeric powder
- 2 table-spoon mustard oil
- 2.5 cup water + some additional, if wanted
- salt, based on style
- Boil some water in a vessel and add the mango items. Boil for five minutes and switch off the flame. Cowl and let it relaxation for an additional 5 minutes and you will note mango items turning little mushy. The items ought to be intact but mushy. We don’t need them soggy or mushy.
- Discard the recent water and wash the items beneath operating water to cease its cooking course of. Maintain apart.
- In the meantime, add masoor dal, water, turmeric powder and 1 tea-spoon salt in a strain cooker. Cook dinner for 3-Four whistles and let the strain quiet down naturally. Open the lid and mash the cooked dal correctly with a dal ghutni (dal masher). Maintain apart.
- Now, warmth oil in an wok and mood with dry pink chillies and two inexperienced chillies. Enable them to splutter.
- Add mango items and evenly fry them over medium flame for two minutes.
- Add boiled dal and provides a correct combine. If you’re proud of the consistency, no want so as to add additional water. Whether it is too thick for you, add required heat water and provides a fast combine. Additionally, verify for salt at this stage, add extra if required.
- Add remaining inexperienced chillies, cowl the lid and prepare dinner over low to medium flame for about 7 minutes and it’s carried out.
- Your Tok Dal is able to be served now.
Serve with rice and sides and revel in. I all the time hold a bowl of leftover Tok Dal for subsequent day use. I really feel the style enhances that method much more. Do do this and let me know in feedback about the way you prefer it. It’s also possible to tag me on Instagram utilizing the deal with @when_a_bong_cooks.