Make homemade raspberry sauce (aka raspberry coulis) for your desserts or breakfast using fresh raspberries with this simple 4-ingredient recipe. When raspberries aren’t in season, you can use frozen raspberries instead.
This raspberry dessert sauce is wonderful to have on hand, because you can use it to finish so many recipes, like cheesecake, brownies, pound cake, lemon cupcakes, or chocolate mousse pie. A selfmade raspberry sauce may even flip a easy bowl of vanilla ice cream right into a guest-worthy dessert. And don’t overlook breakfast like pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, or yogurt!
You would even attempt mixing it with some glowing water, or embody it in a cocktail—the chances for this selfmade berry sauce are infinite!
Right here’s Why You’ll Love This Raspberry Sauce
- Contemporary-tasting, a bit tangy, & not overly candy
- Simply four straightforward substances plus water
- You should use recent or frozen raspberries… so handy
- Lower than 10 minutes on the range
- Pressure it or hold it thick & chunky
- Like salted caramel & lemon curd, it’s extraordinarily versatile and can be utilized on many dishes
- So good on straightforward cheesecake pie!
Seize These Substances:
- Water & Cornstarch: Cornstarch frivolously thickens the sauce. You don’t want a lot, however you could mix it with a bit water earlier than utilizing, in any other case you’ll have lumps of powdery cornstarch in your completed sauce. Cornstarch is usually combined with water to make a “slurry” earlier than utilizing in sauces; see strawberry topping sauce for instance.
- Contemporary or Frozen Raspberries: You’ll love that you may whip this sauce up within the summertime when berries are recent in season, or in the course of winter because the snow falls outdoors. I really love this sauce with frozen raspberries as a result of they’re sometimes frozen at their peak freshness and sweetness.
- Sugar: An excessive amount of sugar can masks the pure berry flavors, so persist with just one/four cup (50g) on this recipe. In case your raspberries are extraordinarily tart, enhance to 1/Three cup (67g). This isn’t jam, so we don’t want an onslaught of sugar.
- Lemon Juice: The sauce wants *one thing* to steadiness the berry and sugar, and lemon juice supplies that trace of freshness. Don’t depart it out or the sauce will style fairly flat. You can even add a splash of vanilla extract as soon as the sauce comes off warmth. (Vanilla is optionally available, however tasty!)
Raspberries are so handy—no chopping or peeling required.
Simply four Steps to Make This Raspberry Sauce
This raspberry sauce cooks on the range in slightly below 10 minutes. It’s much like the swirl recipe we use in these white chocolate raspberry cheesecake bars.
- Mix substances collectively on the range.
- Boil combination whereas stirring often.
- Non-obligatory: Press the combination by means of a fine mesh strainer, to take away the seeds.
- Let cool.
Strained vs. Preserving the Seeds
When strained, this sauce is on the skinny facet, as sauces go, and nice for drizzling. This strained model is often known as a raspberry coulis. When you’d choose a thicker sauce and don’t thoughts the seeds, you possibly can skip Step Three altogether!
Right here is a photograph evaluating the 2 consistencies:
Combination could be very scorching proper off the range:
Pressure the nice and cozy combination with a fine mesh strainer:
Or hold it chunky:
This recipe yields about 1 cup of raspberry sauce if straining, or about 1 and half of cups if not straining.
Makes use of for Raspberry Sauce
There are such a lot of methods to take pleasure in this raspberry dessert sauce, and listed below are many recommendations:
- Take pleasure in drizzled on scones, crepes, muffins, waffles, or whole wheat blueberry pancakes
- Stir into yogurt, cottage cheese, or oatmeal
- Use as a filling for lemon cupcakes or lemon blueberry cupcakes
- Use as a topping for cream cheese pound cake, ice cream, angel food cake, or pavlova
- Serve with chocolate treats like brownies, chocolate cake, and flourless chocolate cake
- Drizzle on choux pastry cream puffs or cheesecake, no bake cheesecake, and cheesecake pie (pictured beneath)
- Unfold on homemade biscuits, croissants, and toasted English muffins
- Stir a couple of spoonfuls into whipped cream or whipped frosting and use as garnish on desserts
What’s going to you utilize it for?!
This raspberry dessert sauce topping is recent, fast, & straightforward and offers desserts and breakfast dishes that little one thing further! You should use recent or frozen raspberries.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water collectively till all of the cornstarch has dissolved. (I simply use a fork to combine—very straightforward.) Mix cornstarch combination, raspberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium warmth. Utilizing a wood spoon or rubber spatula, stir the combination, frivolously mashing the raspberries as they start to warmth.
- Carry to a boil and let it boil for Three full minutes, stirring often. Take away the pan from warmth and—if desired for a richer taste—stir in vanilla extract.
- Press the nice and cozy sauce by means of a fine mesh strainer to take away the seeds, if desired. I exploit the again of a spoon to press the liquid by means of the strainer, held over a bowl. It takes a pair minutes to essentially squeeze all of it out.
- Be at liberty to serve heat over heat desserts, but it surely ought to be cooled to essentially thicken up. Cool the sauce fully at room temperature or within the fridge. The sauce will thicken barely because it cools, however the strained model remains to be liquid and ideal for drizzling.
- Cowl and retailer for as much as 1 week within the fridge.
- Freezing Directions: After the raspberry sauce cools fully, freeze in a freezer-friendly container for as much as 3–6 months. Thaw on the counter or within the fridge. Heat up within the microwave or on the range, if desired.
- Berries Are Tart: In case your raspberries aren’t very candy, you might wish to enhance the sugar to 1/Three cup (67g).
- Thicker Sauce: When you’d like a thicker sauce and don’t thoughts the raspberry seed texture, you possibly can skip Step Three fully, and even attempt pureeing the combination in a blender as a substitute of straining.
- Different Berries: You’ll be able to substitute different berries corresponding to blueberries or blackberries with no adjustments to the recipe. Or do that strawberry sauce recipe.
Key phrases: raspberry sauce
Baking Made Straightforward
Are you new to this web site? This e mail collection is a good place to start out. I’ll stroll you thru a couple of of my hottest recipes and present you precisely why they work.
What do you think?