This easy cheesecake pie is perfect for cheesecake lovers who want a quicker, easier alternative to making a classic cheesecake. The smooth and creamy filling is made of just 6 simple ingredients, and there’s no springform pan or water bath step required. It’s delicious on its own, or you can top it with raspberry sauce, whipped cream, lemon curd, contemporary berries, or salted caramel.
This pie recipe wasn’t truly in my unique plan for posting on the web site, however it simply sort of… occurred. I used to be engaged on perfecting the recipe and method for graham cracker crust, and wanted one thing straightforward and dependable to make use of on repeat for a filling… roughly 75 cheesecake pies later, I assumed: Nicely, I ought to in all probability share this recipe, too!
Right here’s Why You’ll Love This Straightforward Cheesecake Pie
- It’s cheesecake… with out the fuss
- Batter & crust come collectively rapidly
- Identical velvety, creamy texture and tangy-sweet style as my basic cheesecake
- 6 easy components, plus a 3-ingredient graham cracker crust
- Bakes and cools a lot quicker than an everyday cheesecake
- It’s very adaptable to style and season, relying on toppings
What Is the Distinction Between Cheesecake and Cheesecake Pie?
At the moment’s cheesecake pie is sort of a common cheesecake, solely (1) the filling layer isn’t as thick and tall and (2) you bake it in a pie dish as an alternative of a springform pan. Principally, the style and texture are the identical, however you don’t have as a lot filling in every chunk.
In case you’re within the temper for actual, basic cheesecake… undoubtedly put within the effort and time to make an actual, classic cheesecake. Nevertheless, for those who love cheesecake and don’t have the vitality (whether or not that’s bodily or emotionally!) for a water bathtub, by accident over-baking or under-baking it, exceptionally lengthy cooling and chilling instances, plus the opportunity of giant cracks on the floor, simply make a cheesecake pie!
(As a result of common cheesecake may be finicky, proper?!)
I’ve made at the very least 12 of those up to now few weeks and each single style tester, neighbor, member of the family, and buddy has mentioned it tastes precisely like common cheesecake. (And that’s as a result of it’s! Solely thinner!) You’re going to like this dessert.
Can I Skip the Water Tub?
Sure! As if there wasn’t sufficient to steer you to make this cheesecake pie! You see, water baths are used to assist an egg-heavy dessert like conventional cheesecake bake in a damp atmosphere. The humidity evenly bakes the wealthy and creamy filling so it doesn’t burn, sink, and/or crack. Since right now’s filling isn’t as tall, we don’t have these issues. So, skip the water bathtub right now!
Success Suggestions for a Good Graham Cracker Crust
We’re utilizing my perfected graham cracker crust recipe. You want Three components together with graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. The ratio of components is crucial and what you’ll discover under (and likewise on the graham cracker crust web page) yields a crisp, crumbly crust that holds form fantastically. However what’s extra essential than the components is the method you employ to press the crust into the pan.
Through the years, I’ve discovered precisely what makes and (actually) breaks an excellent graham cracker crust:
- Use your palms first: Press the underside and across the sides with medium-firm strain till the crumbs aren’t shifting round anymore—you don’t need any free crumbs. You may even use a small flat-bottomed measuring cup to assist easy out the floor.
- Don’t pack too tightly: The crust must be compact, so it doesn’t crumble aside, however not so tight that it bakes into a tough, dense crust. You actually simply wish to pack it till the form has set and it’s not crumbly.
- Preserve it rounded: This sounds a bit odd, however you don’t desire a proper angle on the backside edges the place the perimeters and the underside meet. As a substitute, you need it a little bit bit rounded so it stays related if you slice into it—so the aspect crust doesn’t instantly separate from the underside crust. Slide a spoon across the within the crust the place the perimeters and backside meet, to get that rounded form.
Right here is a photograph of the rounded crust. Make sure to pre-bake this for 10 minutes earlier than including the filling.
Seize These 6 Elements for the Filling:
- Blocks of Cream Cheese: Philadelphia cream cheese isn’t affiliated with this submit, however it IS my favourite cream cheese model. Whichever model you employ, be sure to’re utilizing blocks of full-fat cream cheese and never the cream cheese in a bathtub you’ll use for spreading on bagels. Identical rule applies when making cream cheese frosting and strawberry cream cheese pie.
- Granulated Sugar: You’ll love that this cheesecake isn’t overly candy. Vanilla sugar could be nice right here.
- Bitter Cream: My crew and I examined this cheesecake pie a number of (a number of!!!!) instances and there was a serious distinction between the pies with bitter cream and the pies with out bitter cream. You want 1/four cup of bitter cream to assist bind the components collectively and easy out the filling so it tastes creamy. With out it, the filling tasted like cream cheese, not cheesecake.
- Vanilla Extract: Be at liberty to make use of homemade vanilla extract on this pie!
- Lemon Juice: A splash of lemon juice provides freshness and depth of taste—I like to recommend you don’t depart it out. This cheesecake pie doesn’t style like lemon.
- Eggs: A most important ingredient in any baked cheesecake! Cautious to not over-mix these, and remember to add them proper on the finish.
Pour the filling into the nice and cozy pre-baked crust, after which bake:
Can I Add Chocolate Chips to the Filling?
I do not know if anybody would even ask this query, however I really like chocolate chips in cheesecakes and the reply is YES! Be at liberty so as to add 3/four cups mini or common semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter. (What we do when making amaretto cheesecake.) This model could be tasty served with salted caramel on prime.
Cooling & Chilling Is a Breeze
You understand how it’s a must to wait a couple of hours for an everyday cheesecake to chill after which it’s a must to wait some extra for it to sit back within the fridge? You’re doing the identical factor right here, solely in a fraction of the time. The cheesecake cools for about 1 hour at room temperature (no must let it cool within the oven like some cheesecake recipes!) and you then chill it for about 2–Three hours earlier than serving.
What to Serve With Cheesecake Pie
You may, after all, serve the cheesecake pie plain, however I like so as to add raspberry sauce, whipped cream, and contemporary raspberries. Or you’ll be able to spruce it up with:
That is common cheesecake… made simpler! Get pleasure from a creamy, velvety easy filling with a crispy, crunchy graham cracker crust. Skip the water bathtub and use a pie dish as an alternative of a springform pan. Be at liberty to serve with optionally available toppings listed in recipe Observe.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Make the crust: In case you’re beginning out with full graham crackers, use a food processor or blender to grind them into effective crumbs. Stir the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar collectively in a medium bowl, after which stir within the melted butter. The combination might be thick, coarse, and sandy. Attempt to smash/break up any giant chunks. Pour the combination into an ungreased 9-inch pie dish. With medium strain utilizing your hand, pat the crumbs down into the underside and up the perimeters to make a compact crust. Don’t pack down with heavy power as a result of that makes the crust too laborious. Merely pat down till the combination is not crumby/crumbly. Suggestions: You should utilize a small flat-bottomed measuring cup to assist press down the underside crust and easy out the floor, however don’t pack down too laborious. And run a spoon across the backside “nook” the place the sting and backside meet to assist make a rounded crust—this helps forestall the crust from falling aside. For extra shaping method suggestions, see the graham cracker crust recipe web page.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Make the filling within the subsequent step because the crust bakes.
- Make the filling: Utilizing a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar collectively on medium-high velocity in a big bowl till the combination is easy and creamy, about Three minutes. Scrape down the perimeters and up the underside of the bowl with a rubber spatula as wanted. Add the bitter cream, vanilla extract, and lemon juice, after which beat till totally mixed and really easy. Scrape down the perimeters and up the underside of the bowl with a rubber spatula as wanted to mix—you don’t need any lumps. Then on medium velocity, add the eggs one by one, beating after every addition till simply blended. After the second egg is included into the batter, cease mixing. In case you nonetheless see some lumps at this level, swap to a whisk and whisk by hand simply till you break up the big lumps. Some small lumps are OK.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 325°F (163°C) and unfold the cheesecake filling into the nice and cozy crust.
- Bake the pie for 35 minutes or till the middle is nearly set. Test it on the 25-minute mark, and if it’s browning too rapidly on prime and across the edges, tent it with aluminum foil for the final 10 minutes of baking.
- Set the pie on a wire rack and funky for 1 hour at room temperature. Then place it within the fridge and chill for at the very least 2 hours and as much as 2 days earlier than serving. (Cowl if chilling it for longer than a couple of hours.)
- Be at liberty to garnish the pie with any of the optionally available toppings listed within the notes proper earlier than or a pair hours earlier than serving. (Preserve pie refrigerated for those who adorn it and plan to serve later.) I exploit a squeeze bottle to drizzle raspberry sauce on prime and a piping bag fitted with Wilton 1M piping tip to zigzag whipped cream on prime. For neat slices, use a clear sharp knife, and wipe the knife clear between every slice. Tip: The primary slice isn’t fairly! A lot simpler to slice after that first piece is out.
- Cowl and retailer leftover pie within the fridge or freezer for as much as 5 days.
- Make Forward Directions: This cheesecake pie may be made as much as 2 days prematurely. See step 7. It’s finest if the crust continues to be a bit heat if you pour within the filling, so I don’t advocate pre-baking the crust prematurely.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Food Processor for graham crackers, Pie Dish, Electrical Mixer (Stand Mixer or Handheld)
- Toppings: My favourite toppings for this pie are raspberry sauce, contemporary raspberries, and whipped cream, that are pictured within the submit. You may as well prime the baked and cooled cheesecake with salted caramel, lemon curd, strawberry topping, chocolate ganache, or red wine chocolate ganache.
- Room Temperature Elements: Convey all chilly components to room temperature earlier than starting. Room temperature components mix rapidly and evenly, so that you received’t threat over-mixing. Additionally, beating chilly components collectively will lead to a chunky cheesecake filling, hardly the way in which you wish to start!
- Non-US Readers: If graham crackers aren’t obtainable the place you reside, we now have additionally examined this pie with a crust constituted of digestive biscuits, and it turned out nice. Use 200g floor digestive biscuit crumbs (about 2 cups; 13–14 biscuits), 1/Three cup (67g) granulated sugar, and 6 Tablespoons (85g) melted butter. Pre-bake the crust for a bit longer, about 12–14 minutes. And from what I perceive, spreadable cream cheese offered in a bathtub in international locations outdoors of the US is a little bit totally different from the spreadable cream cheese within the US. It’s thicker, sturdier, and extra strong and must be OK to make this pie. I’ve no expertise with it, however that is what I’ve heard from different non-US readers. In case you attempt it, tell us the way it seems!
Baking Made Straightforward
Are you new to this web site? This e mail collection is a superb place to begin. I’ll stroll you thru a couple of of my hottest recipes and present you precisely why they work.
What do you think?