RAGI KOZHUKATTAI / RAGI MODAKAM
My household loves Ragi cooked in any type or title ! Ragi Maddae , Ragi Dosae , Ragi Idly, Ragi Rotti , Ragi Uppittu , Ragi Otthu Shyaavige , Ragi Halbai , Ragi Soup are sometimes included in our menu !
I used to be thrilled after I learnt that the recipe of Ragi Modak received the National Millet Recipe Competition organized by The Union Ministry Of Agriculture on the Millet Culinary Carnival ! Why hadn’t I considered this recipe earlier than ! This thought set me in an experimental mode !
So right here is my model of Ragi Kozhukattai / Ragi Modakam which turned out actually yummy ! I’m certain Ragi lovers will fall for these soften within the mouth Kozhukattais !
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SWEET FILLING
Recent coconut gratings – 1 cup
Spherical Jaggery ( Grated) – 3/Four cup
Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
TO MAKE THE FILLING
1. Mix coconut gratings and jaggery in a heavy bottomed pan and prepare dinner on low flame until they mix properly.
2. Cook dinner until the filling (Poornam / Hoorana) comes collectively , combine within the cardamom powder and maintain apart.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE DOUGH FOR OUTER COVER
Ragi flour – 3/Four cup
Salt – 1 pinch
Sesame oil – 2 tbsps + 1 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
TO MAKE THE DOUGH
1. Boil water including salt and a pair of tbsps of sesame oil.
2. On the subject of a rolling boil stir in Ragi flour .
3. Cook dinner on low flame stirring repeatedly until the cooked flour comes collectively right into a tender dough.
4. Go away it lined until it’s cool sufficient to deal with.
5. Apply the remaining sesame oil to the dough and knead properly.
TO MAKE THE KOZHUKATTAIS / MODAKAMS
1. Take a lemon dimension ball of the ragi dough , mud it with little flour and roll it right into a small disk utilizing a rolling pin.
2. Place a spoon of the candy filling and collect the perimeters collectively over the filling.
3. Press the gathered edges collectively and provides it a slight twist to type a peak.
4. Make Kozhukattais / Modakams equally utilizing all of the dough and the filling .
5. Steam the Ragi Kozhukattais / Ragi Modakams in a steamer or a stress cooker for ten minutes .
Enable it to chill down and take away the luscious and heat Ragi Kozhukattais / Ragi Modakams on to a plate . Provide the Modakams to Lord Ganesha and benefit from the prasadam.