From the previous few day now we have been consuming easy. With the rise of Covid-19 instances there’s all the time a worry, an anxiousness, a by no means ending uncertainty in thoughts. I don’t actually really feel like cooking something elaborate. I’m scared, I’m anxious. Actually talking, irrespective of how a lot I need to keep calm and constructive, this isn’t taking place, simply not taking place. I’m nonetheless attempting, attempting onerous and in the present day’s elaborate lunch has been a honest effort to elevate up the spirit.
In the present day’s lunch is a three way partnership of myself and my husband. Leaving all the same old issues apart, we ready a grand lunch in the present day that features Malabar Hen Curry and Kerala Parotta. We loved our lunch totally and that turned out to be a mood-lifter certainly. Malabar Hen Curry has all the time been our favorite and I’ve been considering of sharing the recipe right here since lengthy…
Malabar Hen Curry will also be referred to as Kerala Hen Curry and is thick, wealthy, spicy, little tangy and completely delectable. The style of the curry largely rely on the coconut paste that you simply make beforehand. Sure, coconut is the important thing participant right here and thus, the more energizing the coconut, the tastier the curry. This hen curry goes brilliantly properly with Kerala Parotta (Kerala model flatbread), pulao, roti or any number of South Indian rice. That is how we make it at dwelling.
- 750 gm hen (curry reduce)
- 6 table-spoon coconut oil (2 + 4)
- salt, based on style
For Making Coconut Paste
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- 12 curry leaf
- 1 tea-spoon fennel seed
- 1 tea-spoon cumin seed
- 1 tea-spoon black peppercorn
- 2 table-spoon coconut oil
For Making The Curry
- Four medium sized onion, chopped
- 1.5 table-spoon grated ginger
- eight garlic clove, finely chopped
- Four inexperienced chilli, slitted
- Three medium sized tomato, chopped
- 12 curry leaf
- 1 tea-spoon turmeric powder
- 1.5 table-spoon purple chilli powder (alter based on tolerance)
- 1 tea-spoon cumin powder
- Three table-spoon coriander powder
- 1 tea-spoon garam masala
- 1 cup heat water
- Handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Warmth 2 table-spoon coconut oil in an wok and add all of the components talked about in For Making Coconut Paste part. Over medium flame, sauté till the combination turns brownish. Take away and let it come right down to room temperature.
- Grind the combination to a tremendous paste and preserve apart.
- Now, warmth remaining oil in the identical wok and add ginger, garlic, inexperienced chillies and curry leaves. Enable them to splutter.
- Add onion and add some salt. Sauté till onion turns translucent.
- Add turmeric powder and purple chilli powder and stir for 2-Three minutes.
- Add coriander powder and once more stir for an additional 2-Three minutes.
- Now, add tomato and provides a correct combine. Cowl and cook dinner till tomato turns into mushy. Don’t overlook to stir in between.
- Add hen and stir cook dinner over excessive flame for Three minutes.
- Add little salt and blend once more. Cowl the lid. Over low flame, cook dinner the hen for 10 minutes or till the hen is properly cooked in its personal moisture.
- As soon as the hen is properly cooked, verify for any remaining water. If water stays, stir cook dinner till it evaporates.
- Now, add the coconut paste that you’ve made earlier. Add salt as required and provides a correct combine.
- Add heat water, combine once more.
- Add cumin powder and garam masala and provides a pleasant combine. Cowl and cook dinner over medium flame for five minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and let the curry relaxation for five minutes.
- Your Malabar Hen Curry is able to be served now.
Serve scorching and luxuriate in. Do do this and let me know in feedback about the way you prefer it. You may also tag me on Instagram utilizing the deal with @when_a_bong_cooks.
Pleased Consuming! Keep Secure…