Kolar Bora or Banana Fritters are my absolute favorite and I can eat them on a regular basis. Other than I being a fan of those fritters, my total household loves them too. Maa makes world’s greatest Kolar Bora and rising up. it was a customary factor each time we used to have some overripe bananas at residence. Thankfully, banana was one of the vital consumed fruit in our residence and thus, the overripe bananas have been additionally typical factor. Even after marriage this continues. In my residence we each love consuming banana and Kolar Bora is essentially the most ceaselessly made snack, specifically in summers and monsoons. Additionally, prior to now one yr, from the arrival of Covid scenario until date, we’ve eaten Kolar Bora like by no means earlier than. Surprisingly, we’re not bored of it but and doubtless won’t ever be…
Staying residence has its personal advantages. Consuming recent and consuming selfmade has nearly develop into a behavior and we’re loving it. On this previous one yr of staying residence, we’ve made night snacks nearly on a regular basis at residence. Other than Kolar Bora, our different 4 principally consumed snacks are Jhal Muri, Daler Bora, Dimer Devil and Chire Bhaja. Whereas I’ve already shared the primary three recipes right here on my weblog, Chire Bhaja remains to be pending. Whereas I used to be planning for documenting Kolar Bora and Chire Bhaja recipe for lengthy, the previous is getting jotted down as we speak and the latter is coming shortly.
Coming to Kolar Bora, it’s a tremendous fast snack. For this, you want little overripe bananas. You may make with recent bananas as nicely, however, little overripe is at all times a better option. It is a enjoyable snack and is beloved by younger and outdated equally. Deep fried, golden brown, crunchy outdoors and delicate inside, Kolar Bora has every little thing that may make your tea-time extra pleasant. Be a novice or a professional, everybody could make Kolar Bora and you may hardly go improper on this. Right here’s the recipe for you all.
- 2 medium sized (or one large sized) banana
- 5 table-spoon atta (wheat flour)
- four table-spoon sugar (regulate in accordance with your candy desire)
- 1.5 tea-spoon fennel seed
- 2 pinch cooking soda
- 1/2 cup milk (or water)
- required oil for deep frying
- Mash banana correctly along with your hand or a fork. To that, add atta, sugar, fennel seed and cooking soda. Combine every little thing completely.
- Add milk (or water) to the combination and beat correctly. It’s best to get a thick batter. Cowl and let it relaxation for 10 minutes.
- Warmth oil in a pan. With the assistance of a spoon, dribble the batter. Over low to medium flame, fry till golden brown. Don’t neglect to show them in between to make sure even frying. Fry them batch by batch. Take away from the oil.
- Your Kolar Bora is able to be served now.
Serve sizzling with a cup of tea. Take pleasure in. Do do that and let me know in feedback about the way you prefer it. You may as well tag me on Instagram utilizing the deal with @when_a_bong_cooks.
What do you think?