In my dwelling, each me and my husband are keen on oily fishes. Whereas Ilish or Hilsha, being the undisputed king, is our everlasting love, we additionally love different oily fishes like Koi, Boal, Aar, Basa and so forth. Maa cooks glorious Basa Macher Jhal the place mustard paste is used for the gravy. The recipe is nearly identical as Shorshe Ilish and tastes completely scrumptious. Yow will discover numerous fascinating fish recipes on my weblog. Please discuss with the hyperlink beneath to search out all of them in a single place.
I’ve taken nearly a month break from running a blog and through this time I’ve researched rather a lot about new and fascinating recipes. Additionally, this ongoing lockdown has made life bit robust. We’ve got to outlive on no matter restricted ration we get and make the very best out of it. Grand and elaborate cooking has nearly develop into a luxurious. However, as people and foodies it’s usually laborious to steer clear of good meals. We order every thing on-line, from greens to take advantage of to grocery to fish and meat. No going out, no roaming round, house is the place we discover peace and meals is what preserve us going.
As I may seize some good Basa Mach on-line these days, I made a decision to prepare dinner one thing completely different with it. Maa‘s particular Jhal is one thing I could make with nearly any fish, however I needed one thing actually completely different for Basa this time. I got here throughout a recipe on YouTube and that basically appealed me. I’ve taken some reference from that video recipe and created a brand new one with my very own twist. So, right here I declare that this very recipe is loosely based mostly on Nishi Loves Cooking‘s Basa Fish Curry on YouTube.
Although Nishi’s recipe and my recipe are far aside and completely different, you may go together with anyone that appeals you essentially the most. Each are good, each are scrumptious. Right here’s how I made my Basa Macher Masala Curry. Hope you all prefer it.
- 500 gm basa fish
- 5 table-spoon mustard oil
For Fish Marination:
- 1 tea-spoon turmeric powder
- 2 table-spoon gram flour (besan)
- half of tea-spoon lemon juice
- 1 tea-spoon salt
- half of tea-spoon cumin seed
- half of tea-spoon fenugreek seed
- eight curry leaf
For The Curry:
- 1 giant onion, grind to effective paste
- 1 giant tomato, grind to effective paste
- four inexperienced chilli, slitted from center
- 1 table-spoon ginger-garlic paste
- half of cup yogurt, whisked
- half of tea-spoon turmeric powder
- 1 tea-spoon cumin powder
- 1 tea-spoon coriander powder
- 1 tea-spoon crimson chilli powder (regulate based on tolerance)
- 1 tea-spoon kashmiri crimson chilli powder
- 1 tea-spoon garam masala powder
- 1 cup heat water
- salt, based on style
- Combine all of the elements talked about in For Fish Marination part. Marinate the fish items with this combination and preserve apart for an hour.
- Warmth oil in a pan and gently fry the fish items till golden brownish. Take away and preserve apart.
- To begin making the curry, first, combine turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, crimson chilli powder and kashmiri crimson chilli powder collectively. Add little water and make a thick masala paste. Maintain apart.
- Mood the identical oil through which you might have fried the fish with all of the elements talked about in For Tempering part and permit them to splutter.
- Add onion paste and sauté till brownish.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir till uncooked scent goes off utterly.
- Add tomato paste and masala paste and over low flame, stir prepare dinner till uncooked scent goes off and oil begins separating out.
- Now, add yogurt and stir prepare dinner over low flame till oil begins separating out once more and water evaporates.
- Add heat water and required salt, give a pleasant combine, cowl and prepare dinner over low flame till a boil comes.
- Now, add fried fish items one after the other and gently combine with the gravy. Cowl and prepare dinner over medium flame for 7 minutes or till fish is properly finished. Don’t overcook.
- Open the lid and sprinkle garam masala powder, give a delicate combine, flip off the flame, cowl and let it relaxation for five minutes.
- Your Basa Macher Masala Curry is able to be served now.
Serve with piping scorching rice and luxuriate in. Do drop me a remark giving your suggestions about this recipe. It’s also possible to tag me on Instagram utilizing the deal with @when_a_bong_cooks.
Keep indoors, keep protected. Completely happy consuming!
What do you think?