This Baked Cheese Tortellini is a very simple however scrumptious dinner! The cheese tortellini is baked in a wealthy tomato sauce with spinach and sundried tomatoes. Coated with creamy mozzarella then baked till gooey and delicious!
We love pasta bake for a weeknight dinner. They’re cosy, warming and actually nice consolation meals. I make a variety of them and so they’re additionally highly regarded with my readers. My Broccoli Pasta Bake is without doubt one of the hottest recipes on my web site since I began!
This tortellini bake is one thing I’ve been making an attempt to excellent for some time now and I’ve lastly cracked it! We’ve eaten a variety of tortellini to get this proper, belief me! So, let me present you flip a easy pack of cheese tortellini into a very delicious dinner with minimal fuss required!
Why You will Love This Recipe
- That Tomato Sauce! – It is deliciously wealthy and stuffed with flavour, higher than any store-bought pasta sauce!
- It is so deliciously tacky! – With cheese-filled tortellini, creamy mozzarella and pecorino. This has all of the cheese!
- Just some retailer cabinet components elevate that pack of store-bought tortellini to a scrumptious restaurant-quality meal!
- Cheese Tortellini – I take advantage of a Four cheese tortellini/tortelloni for this recipe. You can too use spinach and ricotta tortellini in the event you want.
- Passata – I take advantage of the bottled passata which you’ll find it close to the canned tomatoes within the retailer. In case you are within the US or Canada and may’t discover passata then tomato puree is your greatest guess.
- Spinach – Contemporary child spinach is greatest for this recipe however you can even use frozen spinach if that you must.
- Solar-dried tomatoes + paste – I add sun-dried tomatoes to the sauce so as to add extra flavour together with sun-dried tomato paste. Each these things are very useful store-cupboard components. They’re nice for including additional flavour to tomato sauces. You can find sun-dried tomatoes within the deli part of your grocery store.
- Cheese – I take advantage of contemporary mozzarella and pecorino for this recipe. For those who’re within the US then parmesan is ok.
- Onion, Celery, Carrot – You’ll need one medium brown onion, one medium carrot and one stalk of celery. Be certain and chop all of them finely.
- Garlic + Herbs – I like to make use of about Three cloves of garlic on this, you should use roughly garlic relying in your style. I additionally add dried oregano and use contemporary basil as a garnish.
- Oil and vinegar – I take advantage of olive oil for frying and add balsamic vinegar to the sauce to assist steadiness the passata.
Substitutions and Variations
- Swap it up – For those who’re not a fan of tortellini then do that with gnocchi as an alternative! Try my gnocchi bolognese bake to learn to use gnocchi as an alternative of tortellini.
- Extra Veggies. It’s extremely straightforward so as to add extra veggies to this dish. Sliced black or kalamata olives would work nice on this as would chopped mushrooms, and kale as an alternative of spinach or courgettes.
- Make it Vegan – Use vegan tortellini and vegan cheese that melts properly.
- Save Time – For those who’re in a rush, it can save you a while and use your favorite tomato pasta or marinara sauce.
How To Make Baked Cheese Tortellini
1. Begin by making the sauce – prepare dinner the onions, carrot and celery in oil till smooth. This may take about 20 minutes. Then add the garlic and dried oregano and prepare dinner for a minute.
2. Cook dinner the spinach till wilted then roughly chop it. Add the passata, tomato paste, sundried tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar. to the sauce. Stir within the chopped spinach and season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the tortellini to the sauce and stir rigorously taking care to not break any of the tortellini.
4. Lastly, add the cheese then bake within the oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Depart it to chill earlier than barely earlier than serving. Garnish with chopped basil.
Freezing and Reheating
- To freeze this dish – skip the baking half. Divide into 4 parts and place in freezer-friendly dishes. Wrap every dish tightly with cling movie or plastic wrap. Press down gently to take away the air. Then cowl with aluminium/tin foil, label, and freeze for as much as Three months. You possibly can prepare dinner this from frozen and it’ll take round an hour to prepare dinner. Watch out to verify it’s cooked by earlier than serving. You can too prepare dinner this in a casserole dish in the event you want to freeze the entire dish.
- To reheat leftovers – merely reheat every portion in a microwave till piping scorching.
No, the tortellini will prepare dinner within the sauce as soon as within the oven.
Sure, you’ll be able to, you might want to regulate the timings barely although.
Sure, you’ll be able to. Thaw the spinach in scorching water first, and depart it to chill earlier than squeezing the water out of it.
Related Recipes to Strive
For those who love pasta bake or casserole then you definately may like my Spinach and Artichoke Pasta Bake or my Fajita Pasta Bake. For those who’d one thing faster then my Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is deliciously creamy and really easy to make.
Baked Cheese Tortellini
Baked Cheese Tortellini with Spinach is a very simple however scrumptious dinner! The cheese tortellini are baked in a wealthy tomato sauce with spinach and sundried tomatoes. Coated with creamy mozzarella then baked till creamy, gooey and delicious!
Stop your display from going darkish
- Tortellini – you should use any tortellini you want for this. We love 4 cheese tortellini or spinach and ricotta tortellini.
- Sauce – if that you must make this in much less time you should use a jar of your favorite tomato-based pasta sauces.
- Dietary Info – is calculated utilizing a web based diet instrument and is approximate. It’s primarily based on one serving of 4 and doesn’t embody bread.
- Weights and measurements – For US readers, I take advantage of Cuisipro measuring cups and spoons, and a Pyrex measuring jug for liquids. These are the trade normal. Cup/spoon volumes can differ from model to model, for accuracy, I like to recommend weighing all components, utilizing a digital scale, if attainable for greatest outcomes.
Energy: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 65.1g | Protein: 22.6g | Fats: 22.4g | Saturated Fats: 7.4g | Ldl cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 1441mg | Potassium: 706mg | Fiber: 9.5g | Sugar: 7.6g | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 3mg