We had extra welcome rain this week and I used to be out catching it in my bowls and buckets. Small patches of brown lawns are turning greener. So what’s nonetheless rising in my backyard this week?
The Cone Flower or Echinacea that I featured a few weeks in the past is now in full flower with a number of heads on this one plant.
Yesterday I picked the one melon that grew on my plant, it was getting moist on the bottom regardless of making an attempt to boost it off the soil. I didn’t need it rotting. I shall depart it within the solar to totally ripen. Unsure of the variability, it could be a cantaloupe.
I’ve a second number of cucumber rising within the greenhouse. this one has a prickly pores and skin, however I’m not sure of the title.
The Hydrangea purchased again in April is constant to flower. It’s nonetheless in its pot. I want recommendation on once I ought to plant it out. Now that we’ve had some rain, or depart it till Spring?
I’ve efficiently grown a number of Agapanthus from seeds given to me by a relative. These might be over-wintered inside and planted out subsequent 12 months.
Final photograph goes to the ultimate flower from my Velvet Queen (crimson) sunflower. Regardless of the drought they’ve flowered properly.
Thanks for becoming a member of me for this #SixOnSaturday put up. I hope that you simply loved it. If you need to know extra about this hashtag, learn founder Mr Propagator’s put up here additionally discover him on Twitter here.
Completely satisfied gardening
- The post for all your links in case you are becoming a member of in with the meme.
- My Secret Garden has some beautiful sunflowers.
- One Man And His Backyard has a number of photographs from gardens around Cornwall.
- A number of color in Fred’s French garden regardless of the dearth of rain.
- 30 Days Wilding is making an attempt cactus for the dryer summers.
- Hortus shares a number of photographs from her vacation.
- Tony grows Cannas, fairly leaved and flowered vegetation.
- Pesky pests on Noelle’s pear tree.
- Off the hedge gardening has an excellent fan flower.
- Granny captured the bees on her flowers.
What do you think?